Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Stencyl Day 1

Today in Stencyl i played around with the crash course and could not figure out how to make the character move, so after i gave up on making my own game i decided to follow the space invaders tutorial.


Above: a finished product of my game.

Now ill tell you how i made this amalgamation, so i started with the creation of the ship and bullet animations
 

Now i have to go into the physics setting for the bullets to make sure they collide with enemies (enemies don't need animations) 

Now I'm creating a stage that i can put all the art assets together to make a coherent level for my space invaders clone

The stage after i have inserted the first wave of enemies and the players ship

Now that i have my stage i only have to add 2 more things, code and music so i decided to add music first

Above: the audio import menu offered by Stencyl that i used to get sound effects into my game

Now here is the simplified code that i'm using to make all the stuff in my game.
   
Code for music in the level

Code for ship movement

Code so the ship doesn't leave the map

Code to make the ship shoot bullets

Code to make bullets destroy the enemy ships when hit 3 times. Using custom outputs to make a hit command. 

Now the only thing i got to do is make a custom font so i can make a "you win" text element.

settings i used for my custom text

actual win screen, it only appears after you destroy all the ships 

No comments:

Post a Comment